Happy Monday! Try this healthy and flavorful quinoa curry dish that comes together in 30 minutes! Serves two and is perfect for an easy Monday night dinner.
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa; rinsed well
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Frozen Onions, Carrots, Zucchini, Red and Green Peppers, Green Beans
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon of good quality curry powder
- 2 heaping teaspoons of Thai Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 2 heaping teaspoons of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 block pressed tofu; diced
- 1 cup of fresh (or canned) diced mandarin oranges
- 1/3 cup of unsalted roasted cashews
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and rinsed quinoa to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow quinoa to sit for 5 minutes covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork.
In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Sauté frozen veggies until they are soft and lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté for a minute or so. Add the curry powder, chili paste, sweet chili sauce.
Add the quinoa, mandarin orange pieces, cashews and tofu or paneer. Mix well. Heat everything through for 5 minutes at a simmer. Allow mixture to sit for about 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavours to develop.